College admissions essays are not easy because you have to write about yourself. Colleges need you to do exactly that.
The biggest challenge is to write on topic and not start using cliches or words of wisdom so to speak.
- Pick the essay that you can use a personal example in.
- Remember that admissions would like to get to know you.
- Write as if you are writing to someone who is blind and speak very little English.
- Recycling the essay is okay as long as it is not used in the same application.
- Plan on 3 drafts minimum.
- Give yourself a deadline.
And remember….visualize the admissions counselor with stacks and stacks of essays to read. This is your reality so get onto it now and make it personal.